WHAT IS THE CYBERCRIME
Cybercrime is any criminal activity that involves a computer, networked device or a network.
While most cybercrimes are carried out in order to generate profit for the cybercriminals, some cybercrimes are carried out against computers or devices directly to damage or disable them
Some specific examples of the different types of cybercrime:
· Email and internet fraud.
· Identity fraud (where personal information is stolen and used).
· Theft of financial or card payment data.
· Theft and sale of corporate data.
· Cyberextortion (demanding money to prevent a threatened attack).
The main causes which lead to the commission of cyber crime.
· Breach Because of Mobile Devices.
Embedding Malware Into Legitimate Applications. ...
· Exploiting Unauthorized Products. ...
Unlimited Internet Access.
Punishment of cybercrime
Penalties, if found guilty, can be imprisonment of up to three years and/or up-to Rs 2 lakh fine. Section 66F: Acts of cyber terrorism. An individual convicted of a crime can face imprisonment of up to life.
Thanks and RegardS
Adv. Mandeep Singh
Mobile no. 8920674632